SMD X-Ray Scanner OC-SCAN®CCX.3
Component count within 12 seconds
Automatic component recognition and artificial database intelligence:
Counting of unknown components within 12 seconds: The full-automatic OC-SCAN®CCX measures the unknown components and detects the correct parameter setting – without external databases or a cloud. The article is then stored in the building part library with the corresponding data.
Counting with high volume packaging
Big building parts in high volume packaging within a reel are difficult to count, because the separation of the single component in the picture is no longer possible due to the parallel effect during the image recording. The newest counting software generation was specifically optimized for this problem and delivers superior counting results.
OC-SCAN®CCX enables the assignment of counting results to a category or an inventory. An integrated administration tool is provided that allows marking a category as finished or setting deadlines for its validity. Also included is a reporting tool for creating summary reports of all group counting processes.
After the counting algorithm has been performed, several factors are examined in the plausibility check: Is the same number of components in each sector? Do all building parts in the reel have approximately the same size? Are they approximately at the same distance?
This is evaluated in a stoplight mode (green, yellow and orange) and provides an overview of the counting exactness of the result. If the results are marked up in yellow or orange, the operator decides through a visual check whether the counting of the components was performed correctly. If required, he corrects the result manually or repeats the process. The threshold values of the stoplight function can be determined by the customer according to their own needs or accuracy requirements.
The plausibility check is the prerequisite for the integration of the OC-SCAN®CCX in a full-automatic storage system without manual operation.
When counting the reels in MSL packages, it is not the packaging that presents a problem, but the silicate bag with dry pack, which is often welded to the reel. This produces a clear reflection in the X-ray image and may greatly interfere with the image analysis.
A special software feature recognizes the obstructions in the image and uses a corresponding algorithm which allows a precise counting result.
The counting software is very robust. The results are correct even if the dry pack is directly placed on the building parts!
Quad Count Function
Counting is possible for up to four reels (7’’) during ONE process within less than 20 seconds. Each result is verified individually through the plausibility check.
The operator can inspect and accept each single image. The correct classification of the counting results to the corresponding reels is ensured by a fully-automated barcode check.
- Component count within 12 seconds
- Quad Count
- Dry Pack
- Plausibility Check
- SMD X-Ray Scanner with intuitive usability
- Automatic component recognition – Automated parameter setting and counting of unknown components
- Intelligent database onsite
- Verification of results through plausibility check; a prerequisite for automation
- Counting of component chains: new software counts with the highest precision big building parts in high volume packaging
- Dry pack: special software function recognizes interference factor and the evaluation is only directed at the building parts
- Quad-Count: Fourfold counting, we count four bundles in 20 seconds with a scan
- Stick & Trays: high precision counting in < 12 seconds
- Order counting (exact use per order)
- Inventory mode
- 2D inspection for electronic components and assembled circuit boards
- Individual solutions
SMD X-Ray Scanner OC-Scan CCX.3 – Technical Data
- Counting time: < 12 seconds
- Count precision: > 99.9 %
for the majority of all available components
- Object size: 70 cm x 75 cm x 220 cm (L/W/H)
- Roll diameter: max. 17 inch (43 cm)
- Roll height: max. 4 inch (10 cm)
- Component size up to 01005
- Storage space: 0.64 m²
- Weight: 360 kg
- Working Height: 800 mm – 860 mm – 960 mm
- 230 V, 50 Hz, 16 A
the FIRST X-ray component counter
Best Product – Europe
Each year the GLOBAL Technology Awards recognize and celebrate innovation in electronics manufactureing equipment, tools, services and supplies on a global scale.
We would like to thank the jury.
SMTA, Rosemont, USA
Counting on competence
“SMT has become increasingly popular over the last few years as it meets the ongoing desire of product developers to create products which are portable, lightweight and small size.”
Managing Director Wolfgang Peter explains in an interview with the international magazin “European Business” how important it is to have a precise knowledge of stock.
Conclusion of the users:
exact inventory – stable production planning – customer supply on time – easier administration